From Monday, 25.11.2019 to Sunday, 22.12.2019, the Lucia Christmas Market with its Nordic-Scandinavian flair enchants the KulturBrauerei in Prenzlauer Berg again into one of the most beautiful Christmas attractions of the city. A ranking of the Christmas markets in Germany even named him one of the top 11 in the whole country.
Finally the Lucia Christmas market offers family-friendly activities, special gift ideas, cultural programs and culinary goodies in historical scenery. Every day from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. Santa Claus comes and distributes sweets to the little guests. And from 8 p.m. onwards, a walking angel and his wishes envelop the visitors with joie de vivre, wisdom and protection.
If you want to bring your musical talent to life together with your pre-Christmas soul, you will be at the right place between 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Thursdays for cheerful choir singing.
On 13 December, as is customary in Scandinavian countries, the Christmas market will be named after its eponym, the illuminator of the dark winter season, who gives warmth and security, lets dreams grow and gives hope to the worried. In honour of Saint Lucia there will be a procession of the Luciakör through the courtyards between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m., which will end with the Allsâng of international Christmas carols.
Highlights & Attractions of the Lucia Christmas Market
- Small children's and nostalgic chain carousel
- Star ladder (balance skill game on the rope ladder)
- Small knight's castle (crossbow shooting)
- Santa Claus throne with wish mailbox for the lines to Santa Claus
- Flickering Swedish fire and warming art object "open-air-jacket-heating".
- Mobile sauna, without wheels and without undressing, but with e.g. herbal alcohol infusion
- Visit of Santa Claus, daily 7:00-18:00 o'clock
- Walking angel envelops the visitors together with his wishes with lust for life, wisdom and protection, daily 0:00-21:00 o'clock
Duration: 25.11. until 22.12.2019